Nutrition Services

white chicken chiliCowboy Cookout serving summer lunchtrying veggies with Mountain Roots!kids trying hummus!Cowboy Cookout @ Summer Food Program

Gunnison Watershed School District Nutrition Services offers healthful and tasty breakfasts and lunches at each school.  Meals are available for students and staff during service times.  Lunch may be brought from home.

Please be aware that each student in the district has a school meal account, which they can charge cafeteria purchases to. Read about managing your child's account on the Letter to Parents and Meal Payments pages. This year, the Free and Reduced Application can be filled out online at or on the paper application.
See the Information, Instructions, and paper Application to the left. You can also pick up an application at your school's office. 

Our District participates in the
National School Breakfast and Lunch Programs. This means that the free and reduced meals are reimbursed through the USDA. To receive reimbursement, the District complies with the Healthy Hunger Free Kids Act of 2010 and other guidelines. Among other standards, the HHFKA addresses childhood obesity with nutritional guidelines including more fruits and vegetables, whole grains in place of refined grains, limited sodium and saturated fat, and no trans fat. For more information, see


USDA Nondiscrimination Statement

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.  To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: filine_cust.html, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (566) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:  mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax at (202) 690-7442, or by email at This institution is an equal opportunity provider.


Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2021 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.

For technical questions and comments regarding this website, please contact the Webmaster.